CHILD AND YOUTH CARE CENTRES
The dedicated staff and caregivers at SAVF-managed facilities are committed to providing a nurturing and safe environment where children and young people can thrive.
Click on below to see more
Tel: 017 735 4351 / 071 735 4352 / 065 096 2889
Tel: 018 788 2116 / 065 885 3213
Tel: 060 327 1377
Tel: 013 253 1073 / 013 253 1075
Tel: 018 642 1461
Tel: 018 464 1888 / 083 379 7811
Tel: 072 348 2197
Tel: 015 307 2645
Tel: 013 282 4413
SAVF Louis Hildebrandt
- Child and Youth Care Centre: Providing residential care for children placed in alternative care via Children’s Court orders.
- Location: Situated in Volksrust, Mpumalanga.
- Number of Children: Caring for 106 children since 1998.
- Inclusive Care: Welcoming children from diverse races, religions, and backgrounds.
- Dependence on Volunteers and Donations: Reliant on support from volunteers and community donations for survival.
- Mission: Focused on offering love, security, and fulfilling everyday needs such as education, food, clothing, and shelter.
- Philosophy: Doesn’t remove children from their homes but provides a nurturing environment and essential care for their well-being.
SAVF Harmoniesentrum Plek van Veiligheid
- Place of Safety: Providing refuge for abused children.
- Social Service Assistance: Offering support from social services.
- Family Reconciliation and Foster Care: Facilitating family reunification or foster care placements.
- Establishment: Operating for over 20 years as a safe haven for abused children.
- Caregiving: Children are looked after by appointed foster parents.
- Basic Needs: Providing essential necessities such as food, clothing, and healthcare.
- Education: Ensuring children attend suitable schools during their stay at SAVF Harmonie.
- 24/7 Residential Care: Providing continuous care for twenty vulnerable children from the North West Province.
- Primary Care and Therapeutic Services: Offering essential healthcare and therapeutic interventions.
- Development Programs: Implementing programs focusing on the psychological, physical, emotional, educational, and religious aspects of children’s development.
- Safe and Secure Environment: Ensuring children are protected from the circumstances that led to their placement in the system.
- Well-being Promotion: Addressing all developmental areas within the Children’s Home to enhance the well-being of the children.
- Transformation: Striving to transform dysfunctional circumstances experienced by children in their community.
- Family Reunification: Providing family reunification services to biological parents through family care organizations/Department of Social Development.
- Masculinity Development: Delivering effective life skills development to foster healthy masculinity among boys.
- Key Attributes:
- Personal Fulfilment
- Social Contribution
- Life Skills
- Key Attributes:
Mentoring and Support Programs:
- Mentoring Boys: Providing mentorship to guide boys toward responsible manhood, offering a male figure as a mentor and friend.
- Spiritual Enhancement: Incorporating spiritual growth through activities like Bible sharing, emphasizing emotional development.
- Sports Activities: Engaging children in sports like Karate and Soccer, promoting physical activity, self-confidence, self-control, and social interaction skills.
- Services Offered:
- Substitute Care: Providing substitute care for 214 children identified as in need of care and protection.
- SAVF Belfast Child and Youth Care Centre:
- Establishment: Opened in 1997 to address the province’s urgent need for child welfare services.
- Scale: The largest Child and Youth Care Centre (CYCC) in the province and one of the prominent CYCCs nationally.
- Legal Basis: Providing care to children with a court order establishing their need for protection and care.
- Historical Legacy: Affiliated with SAVF since 1904, demonstrating a long-standing commitment to service delivery.
- Community Strength: Recognized as a pillar of strength and hope within the welfare sector in Mpumalanga.
- Impact on Children:
- Providing Homes: Offering a home and a chance in life for 214 children away from their original homes.
- Filling the Gap: Addressing gaps in children’s lives created by poverty, abuse, and neglect.
- Hope for the Future: Serving as a beacon of hope for these children, paving the way for a brighter and better future.
SAVF Foster House
- Services Offered:
- Foster Care Home: Providing a nurturing environment for children in need of care and protection.
- Target Group: Catering to children facing challenging circumstances requiring protection.
- Key Focus:
- Safe and Secure Home: Creating a safe and secure living space for vulnerable children.
- Nurturing Environment: Offering a supportive atmosphere conducive to the children’s well-being and development.
SAVF Rethabile Klerksdorp
Residential Care Services:
- 24-Hour Care: Offering continuous residential care at the CYCC for 150 vulnerable children from diverse racial backgrounds.
- Protection and Care: Ensuring a safe and secure environment, providing essential protection and care to children in need.
Prevention and Intervention Services:
- Prevention Programs: Implementing prevention initiatives for 150 vulnerable children.
- Early Intervention Services: Providing early intervention programs to empower children, fostering strength and resilience.
- Safe Environment: Creating a healthy and safe atmosphere with positive support for the overall well-being of the children.
SAVF Secunda Child and Youth Care Centre
- Integrated Care Services:
- Target Population: Needy, neglected, traumatized, and abused children identified as requiring care under the Children’s Act.
- Commitment to Care Centres: Children committed to Child and Youth Care Centres for comprehensive support.
- Comprehensive Care:
- Full Accommodation: Providing secure housing and living arrangements.
- Nutrition: Ensuring regular and nutritious meals are provided.
- Medical Services: Offering necessary medical care and health services.
- Clothing: Supplying appropriate clothing for the child’s needs.
- Education: Providing scholastic training and educational support.
- Social Counselling: Offering emotional and psychological support through counseling services.
- Additional Services: Addressing any other specific needs essential for the child’s overall well-being.