To offer a variety of activities, projects, and programs aimed at promoting social well-being within the community. These services cater to the needs of children, families, and older individuals, enhancing their overall quality of life and fostering a sense of community engagement.
SAVF One Stop Community Services Marapong
- Community center initiatives catering to various age groups, including individuals with disabilities.
- Prevention and Protective Services:
- Services and programs aimed at preventing social issues and protecting vulnerable individuals.
- Protection of Vulnerable Older Persons:
- Referral services for housing schemes, SASSA, psychologists, hospitals, and clinics.
- Capacity Building and Skills Development:
- Training, workshops, and skill development programs for community members.
- Facilitation and Monitoring:
- Oversight and support for the implementation of programs and projects.
- Poverty Alleviation Projects:
- Initiatives aimed at reducing poverty and improving the economic well-being of community members.
- Conducting Protection and Preventative Programs:
- Awareness campaigns, dialogues, group work, and sessions addressing various social issues.
- Psychosocial Support Services:
- Counseling, social assistance, relief, and stress management and coping skills support groups.
- Educational and After-Care Programs:
- Academic support and structured after-school care for children and youth.
- Financial Management Skills:
- Provision of skills related to budgeting and managing social grants for financial stability.
SAVF Silverdae Khaya Lami
- Social Services and Programmes:
- Comprehensive social services and diverse programs tailored for the elderly in the community.
- Outreach Services for the Elderly:
- Medical screenings, educational workshops, and cultural/social events conducted within the community.
- Service Centre for the Elderly and Disabled:
- Promotion of intergenerational programs, providing affordable meals, social interaction, daily activities, and educational programs.
- Home Based Care:
- Care services extended to elderly individuals unable to attend the center due to physical constraints.
- Quality Care with Equity:
- Delivering high-quality services to frail older persons in a fair, accessible, and affordable manner.
- Protection and Promotion of Rights:
- Advocacy for the rights of older persons, ensuring their protection and promotion.
- Educational Initiatives:
- Educating families on elderly care practices and emphasizing the importance of family preservation.
- Comprehensive Care Services:
- Providing physical care, nutritious meals, home assistance, and professional/lay support such as counseling, information, education, and companionship.
- Community Engagement:
- Linking families with relevant resources, such as SASSA, and encouraging visits from Service Centre members to frail older persons’ homes where possible.
- Community Communication:
- Establishing effective communication services within the community to ensure a cohesive support network.